The library is central to your colwiz experience and is used to manage all your publications, which are stored in the cloud. There are thee main ways to access your library: online, desktop, and mobile.
The Online Library
You can access your online library by signing into your free colwiz account at colwiz.com, Use the following features in your library:
- View and edit your references
- Manually add new references
- Download files
- Organize references in multiple folders
- Recommend publications to your friends
- Add quick notes and URLs for future reference
- View and annotate PDFs
- Start research groups
- View and manage shared libraries between your research groups
- Search the entire library by title, journal, author, DOI, e.t.c
- Set up smart folders to automatically file papers in folders according to their keywords, title, author, etc.
- Publicly display your papers on your profile by adding them to the “Authored by me” section
The Desktop Library
The desktop library expands upon the features of the online library, and is essential in order to take full advantage of colwiz. The desktop library is free to download for Windows, Mac and Linux (click to view installation guide).
Through the desktop library you get the following extra features:
- Import references directly from existing reference managers (eg: Zotero, Mendeley, CiteULike)
- Import from BibTeX, RiS, XML, and PDF files
- Cite references in MS Word, Open office, LaTeX and more
- Search and add references from over 30 of the largest publishers in-app
- Export references in BiBTeX, RiS and XML formats
- Automatically fetch publicly available PDFs for your references
- Enable watch folder to automatically fetch PDFs from a folder in your system
The colwiz application for mobile is available for both iOS and Android (2.3 and above) users. The mobile app provides a concise view of your library with the following functionality.
- Search and browse through your entire library
- View reference details and read PDFs
- Search and add references from over 30 largest publishers in-app
- Real-time cloud syncing
- Annotate PDFs on the go (currently on iOS devices)